The BGS Porcupine® Borehole Viewer for Geo-Seas (“BGS Porcupine”)
A basic borehole log viewer ''BGS Porcupine ®'' has been developed in collaboration with the GSI3D consortium. This software is freely available after registration and allows the visualisation of the Geo-Seas ODV ASCII formated output files, containing interpreted borehole log data.
Porcupine allows you to:
- Load interpreted borehole log data from a suitably formatted ODV-style ASCII (plain text) data file.
- Display the logs graphically in a document-style interface, separately or alongside other logs in the workspace.
- Scale the log graphic depth-wise.
- Develop and apply a custom colour and ornamentation scheme keyed by log interval lithology.
- Apply a log stepping scheme to give a graphical impression of relative properties such as grain size.
- Export log graphics as screen-resolution images.
The Porcupine Borehole Viewer was demonstrated to potential users during the Geo-Seas workshop at the Oceanology International exhibition in London on 14 March 2012.